welcome


About Me

My photo
Canada
Still looking for myself............

Friday 11 March 2011

Mask



Who do you see when you look at this mask?
Do you see past the colors, the facade I portray?
Who will it be, 'for I consist of three?
A face full of innocense? A face full of lust?
A face with faded bruising?
Who do you see? Do you see we three?
The me, myself, and I?
A friend for every occasion,
a friend to everyone?
My reflection creates wonder and fear inside 
If I stare too long I will be lost
I dare not look into my eyes
'for I won't like what I see
the pain of the past, of never being free
Who do you see as I put on this mask?
Do you notice how it's fading
and needing of repair?
or are you captured by it's stylish smile?
Yet all the while
Who do you see?
Do you see me?


Elizabeth Taylor
December, 2009
Feel free to leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment