welcome


About Me

My photo
Canada
Still looking for myself............

Saturday 12 March 2011

Monster



How could I be so blind?
I felt protected from the world,
but you were the biggest monster
with a death wish for a little girl.
You fooled no one but me;
a chameleon of black and blue,
with a serpents hypnotic eyes
and its tongue never true.
I was sent to you by God;
an angel straight from heaven.
To give you all my love,
not to be struck by your venom.
Like Eve in the garden,
I trusted you with my soul.
It was the biggest mistake I made;
you turned my heart into coal.
Now I have to live a curse
of the memories alone.
How could you be so cruel?
I loved you and no other one.
I lay awake at night;
I admit it's hard to sleep.
I cry sometimes for hours
for the promises you didn't keep.
You are wicked in your ways
and slither to and fro,
searching for innocent angels,
who are too naive to know.
God alone truly knows why,
He placed the love in my heart,
for you never deserved it;
you only tore it all apart.
But with each passing day,
I let a little more of you go,
it hurts a little less
and the pain doesn't show.
There will be hell to pay,
you've fallen far from grace,
but I won't be the one
who slaps you in the face.
"Vengeance is mine" says the Lord,
so I put it in His hands,
I take delight in knowing
Justice is in Demand!

Elizabeth Taylor
Jan 5/11
Feel free to leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment