welcome


About Me

My photo
Canada
Still looking for myself............

Monday 21 March 2011

Weather the Storm


With the dawning of the day
brings the morning dew
I open my wings, I try new things
at times they remind me of you
As with the sun, then comes noon
and white clouds fill the sky
indigo patterns are revealed
my contours, diversify
navigating towards the light
instinct to bolder pettles
yet not to linger on any one
avoiding the stinging nettles
and for an instant, I will graze
 nectars, to merely survive
then bound again, for celestial space
when I'm soaring, I'm alive
Yet when it rains, it often pours
the static can cause you to drown
dodging drops of fear and pain
determined I won't go down
The roar of the thunder won't scare me
and the lightning just leads the way
and when the kamikaze tears fall down
with a mission, come what may
I will survive, yet once again
the fire of life within
'for in the foothills, I seek to hide
from storms that hurry in 
Why do I focus on the moon
when predators lurk in wait?
Attracted to my prideful colors
My patterns make easy bait.
The sun won't let me hide
with no shadows to alter my worth
revealing my truly given colors
since the day of my rebirth
This time is most significant
my growth and transformation
to emerge from a chrysalis
to ascend from degradation
My freedom won't be assumed
 nor a aphid in a jar
a spectacle to be pleasing others
I'm a gentle warrior......... 

Elizabeth Taylor
March 20/11
Feel free to leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment